Sunday, August 10, 2008

High Risk Pregnancies





Peace sister,

My indigenous name is Aziza. I have been asking all over the place on myspace if anyone knew anything about natural childbirth, water birth, having your child at home vs. a hospital. I am 22 years old staying in Michigan with my parents for the time being while my King finishes our sanctuary in each of our rooms in our house back in Nashville, NC. I am having twins, this is my first pregnancy and I want this to be so sacred and spiritual as I can have BUT because I had to get checked up for the gender the doctors told me I am "high risk" Mainly because I am having twins and I am a petite person. I have had a lot of people come at me telling me all the negative things about pregnancy more so then the beautiful things. I have kept my body in the best condition, I eat all natural foods, foods that have melanin and nutrients. I don't eat any fast foods. It would mean so much to me if I could have not just a midwife with me during this event but a spiritual midwife. I was told over and over again that no midwife would deliver twins. I honestly believe because I have the right state of mind, I eat well, take care of myself, and chant my mantras that everything will be wonderful. Is there anything you know about twins? Would you be so kind as so guide me into a direction or feed me the knowledge on child birth? I am open to anything! =) I appreciate anything that you have to offer sister.

Be blessed!
I too have been considered "high risk" since my first pregnancy...my blood pressure has a tendency to rise during pregnancy and during two of my five pregnancies I have also had protein in my urine resulting a diagnosis referred to as toxemia...someone telling you that you and your body's natural ability to conceive and bear children is High Risk makes you feel out of control and as if you cannot trust your body to do what it was made to do...I have been there, I know how that feels and my advice to you is to pause, be still, listen to the voices of your children growing inside you and understand that you create the reality in which you live
Consider carefully and deeply ALL possibilities, consider each and everything that can occur while giving birth and make peace with every possible method and every possible way that your children may come into the world...because the result that you want is healthy babies and as a mother you cannot always be attached to how you receive that result

Once you have made peace with caeseran, and epidural and doctor assisted and midwife assisted and any other methods of birth that come to your mind, you will relieve yourself of the fear of that kind of birth happening to you...once the fear is released begin to meditate and visualize the birth that you want, what you need, who will be there, the sights, the sounds and the smells that would be the most helpful for you in the birthing arena...see them, smell them and hear them daily...hold them in your mind and speak of them with folx you know will uplift and support you

And then...

Remain open...the truth of the matter of birth is that each child will have the birthing experience she or he needs in order to fulfill his or her own unique destiny

And you as Mama are fully equipped to handle any and all of these possibities...your body, your mind and your spirit are capable of birthing these babies...they chose you to be born to because you are the PERFECT vessel for their growth and birth and raising do NOT EVER allow any medical test or negative comment to make you forget that

That being said...YOU ARE ON THE RIGHT PATH! Continue to eat right, recite your mantras and search for a midwife who delivers twins...I would suggest calling The Farm in Summertown TN where most lay midwives in the US are trained and asking them for referrals...I KNOW they deliver twins and have trained other midwives to do the same

You can and WILL have the birth experience you desire and need and that your babies desire and need...YOU CAN DO IT SIS! DO NOT FEAR!

1 comment:

Laidatu said...

thank you for this posting. i too am pregnant and i've also been having a hard time with deciding how i want to give birth. thank you for confirming to me that it isn't completely my decision. my unborn child knows how she wants to be born. as you said, i need to listen to her and proceed in the way that she leads me.

SUPPORT THIS BLOG

Add to Technorati Favorites

Woman Centered Wear